Microsoft Silverlight “Light Up The Web”
Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of Microsoft .NET–based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web.
- “WPF/E” is Codename of SilverLight.
- Silverlight is a part of .net Framework 3.0
There is a lot of discussion emerging comparing MS’s Silverlight and Adobe’s Flash.because silverlight have almost all capability which Flash Provides.
like u can embed movie in silverlight easily & do animation , Effects.. etc.
For more discussion on Silverlight & Flash u can check this (http://geekglue.blogspot.com/2007/04/silverlight-vs-flash.html) blog.
and For material visit http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/silverlight/materials.mspx
Demo of Silverlight applications.
Very good collection of silverlight examples for new commers click here
To See all Example First you have to install .net Framework 3.0
- Great Visual Studio QuickStarts for Silverlight 1.0/1.1 New!
- Silverlight Ink Experiments New!
- Convert Text to Path New!
- HTML DOM Interop with Silverlight New!
- Drag and Drop in Silverlight 1.0 New!
- Game of Life in Silverlight and F# New!
- Virtual Earth and Silverlight New!
- Smalltalk based on Silverlight/DLR New!
- Silverlight and Google Gears New!
- Creating A Data-driven Control New!
- 3D in Silverlight 1.1 Alpha
- RadControls for Silverlight by Telerik
- Silverlight 1.1 2D Physics with Source Code
- Lutz’s Digger, Monotone and Inplay; see also .NET Reflector Plugin for Silverlight
- DLR Console
- SWF2XAML: A Slightly better Flash to XAML Conversion
- Scott Guthrie’s blog posts tagged with Silverlight
- Silverlight Toolbar
- Use File Open Dialog with Silverlight
- Microsoft PopFly
- Microsoft Silverlight 1.1 Alpha Developer Reference Poster
- How-to videos
- Silverlight Surface Demo (with simple video support)
- Silverlight XPS Viewer
- Miguel de Icaza about Silverlight, DLR and OpenSource
- Eyeblaster Rich Media Silverlight AD
- SilverNibbles – Converting a Windows Forms Game to Silverlight
- Silverlight Controls and LINQ
- Silverlight Games 101 (Silverlight Rocks!)
- DLR & IconPython at Codeplex
- Silverlight Pad
- Video support with Silverlight Fox Example
- AOL Social Mail Gadget
- Silverlight Screencasts (more than 20 videos!!)
- Silverlight Disco Dance Floor
- Silverlights Out 2.0 and older version 1.1
- Silverlight GardientBrush Demo
- Silverlight and
the Compact Framework (Mix 07 demo video)
- Dr. Popper Silverlight Edition
- Bryant’s Silverlight Examples
- Asteroids Clone
- Binary Clock
- Silverlight Scribbler
- Silverlight and Security (.NET Security Blog)
- Keyboard Input
- Silverlight Glass Button (from WPF Glass demo)
- Silverlight 1.1 Layout System and Controls Framework
- Full Screen Mode with Silverlight
- Early version of Snoop for Silverlight
- New York Times Reader in Silverlight (video)
- The basics of a Silverlight Control
- Convert SWF to WPF and Silverlight
- Test with Silverlight/CoreCLR (TestDriven.NET)
- Fantasy Baseball
- Using Playlists in Silverlight
- Silverlight Pad to Test XAML Content
- Animation Using Keyframes and Splines
- Handling Runtime Error Messages in IE and Mozilla
- Downloading Fonts Using the Downloader Object
- Converting a WPF/E Application to a Silverlight Scripting Application
- VB on Silverlight
- Silverlight C# 3.0 Features